Circles of Fellowship: Responding to the Crisis of Christian Identity
A Reprise of Who Is My Brother?
NEW RELEASE, NOW AVAILABLE!
A quiet revolution is taking place among the churches of Christ, raising troubling questions about identity and fellowship.
"Never before in the history of the restoration movement has so dramatic a change occurred in such short a time with such little opposition."
Is baptism essential for forgiveness and salvation?
How should we regard believers whose doctrine is different?
Can there be Christian unity without compromising truth?
For a younger audience who may have missed Who Is My Brother?, Smith proposes a comprehensive five-fold fellowship:
Universal Fellowship (The Family of Man)
Faith Fellowship (Like Family)
"In Christ" Fellowship (The Extended Family)
Conscience Fellowship (Close Family)
Congregational Fellowship (Immediate Family)
Table of Contents:
Part I: The Quiet Revolution
1. A Clear and Present Danger
2. The Ghost of Faith-Only Arguments Past
3. Not By Overnight Express
4. Uncommon Common Cause
Part II: Five-fold Fellowship
5. Universal Fellowship: The Family of Man
6. Faith Fellowship: Like Family
7. "In Christ" Fellowship: The Extended Family
8. Conscience Fellowship: Close Family
9. Congregational Fellowship: Immediate Family
Part III: Rethinking Sacred Cows
10. The Loving Discipline of Disfellowship
11. False Teachers or False Teaching?
12. The Prospect of Eternal Fellowship
About the Author:
Author and professor F. LaGard Smith continues to prompt our thinking as in his previous books: The Cultural Church ; Male Spiritual Leadership ; Baptism—The Believer's Wedding Ceremony ; Radical Restoration ; After Life ; Troubling Questions for Calvinists ; Angels, Demons, and the Devil. Smith is also the compiler and narrator of the best-selling The Daily Bible — the NIV in chronological order.
by F. LaGard Smith
Publisher: Cotswold Publications
Size: 6 x 9