Walking with God (A Study of the Epistles of John)
FLEX Adult Bible Study Curriculum
Walking is used in the Bible to refer to our journey to live faithfully with God. We also learn that our brief sojourn on this earth is not meant to be all there is. Our Creator wants us to enjoy walking with God and His people for all eternity.
To make this possible, the Bible teaches us how Jesus came and walked among us. He came to walk in our flesh and walk through the same challenges we face. His faithfulness to His Father and His love for us led Him to walk the road to Calvary and give His life on the cross for our sins. Three days later after being placed in a tomb, He walked out of that tomb, risen from the dead, making our life with God possible.
In this study of the epistles of John, author Dorn Muscar, Jr. shows readers how everything in the Christian life is rooted and motivated by our inclusion into the eternal loving fellowship of the Father and the Son by the Holy Spirit. John's letters encourage us to see our fellowship with God both as a relationship in which we walk and are walking toward. It is the trail and the destination.
FLEX Adult Bible Study Electives
?Written by faithful members of the Lord's church
?Undated for your flexible use
?Variety of studies ? textual, topical, Old Testament, New Testament
?New studies continue to be added
?Suitable for lecture, small group, or individual study
Table of Contents:
1. Walking in Fellowship With God (1 John 1:1-4)
2. Walking in the Light (1 John 1:5-2:6)
3. Walking in Love (1 John 2:7-17)
4. Walking in Truth (1 John 2:18-29)
5. Walking as One Born of God (1 John 3:1-10)
6. Walk Not in Hate (1 John 3:11-24)
7. Walking by the Spirit of Truth (1 John 4:1-6)
8. Don't Forget: Walk in Love (1 John 4:7-12)
9. Walking by Faith (1 John 5:1-4)
10. Walking with Assurance in Fellowship (1 John 5:13-24)
11. Walking in the Truth (2 John)
12. Walking in Faithfulness (3 John)
13. Summary: Putting It All Together (1 John 1:3)
About the Author:
Dorn Muscar Jr. serves as pulpit minister at the University Park Church of Christ in Hyattsville, Maryland. He has degrees from Ohio Valley University and Harding School of Theology. He and his wife, Carolyn, enjoy living and working in an urban context with the opportunity for multicultural ministry.
Click here to view other titles in the FLEX series.
by Dorn Muscar, Jr.
Publisher: 21st Century Christian
Size: 6 x 9