Certain Hope for Uncertain Times (A Study of 1 Peter)
FLEX Adult Bible Study Curriculum
NEW RELEASE, NOW AVAILABLE!
As the early church penetrated the Roman Empire, it created uncertainty and instability for many of its followers. Christianity and Roman life often found themselves at odds with each other. The clash of the cultures produced hardships and sometimes bloodshed for the Christians who chose to remain faithful to Christ.
Glenn Newton (author of four previous FLEX studies) writes in a style that makes learning easy and enjoyable. His insights will give valuable guidance for Christian living in an increasingly pagan culture.
FLEX Adult Bible Study Electives
?Written by faithful members of the Lord's church
?Undated for your flexible use
?Variety of studies ? textual, topical, Old Testament, New Testament
?New studies continue to be added
?Suitable for lecture, small group, or individual study
Table of Contents:
1. Peter: An Apostle of Hope (I Peter 1:1-2)
2. Hope and Heaven (I Peter 1:3-5)
3. Devotion and Distress (I Peter 1:6-12)
4. Holiness and Obedience (I Peter 1:13-2:3)
5. Darkness and Light (I Peter 2:4-2:12)
6. Faith and Politics (I Peter 2:13-25)
7. Husbands and Wives (I Peter 3:1-7)
8. Suffering and Salvation (I Peter 3:8-22)
9. Persecution and Purpose (I Peter 4:1-11)
10. Sorrow and Joy (I Peter 4:12-19)
11. Shepherds and Sheep (I Peter 5:1-5)
12. God and Satan (I Peter 5:6-11)
13. Encouragement and Peace (I Peter 5:12-14)
About the Author:
Glenn Newton has been serving as the preaching minister for the Pleasant View church of Christ in Pleasanton, California, since 2012. Glenn has been in ministry since 1993 and has a B.A. in Biblical Studies and a Masters of Ministry from Heritage Christian University. Additionally, he has authored four other FLEX studies. He and his wife, Regina, have been married since 1991 and have three sons and one grown foster son.
Click here to view other titles in the FLEX series.
by Glenn Newton
Publisher: 21st Century Christian
Size: 6 x 9