Spiritual Growth (The Journey to Christlikeness)
FLEX Adult Bible Study Curriculum
Spiritual Growth ? The Journey to Christlikeness is intended to provide insights into how God helps us grow into who He wants us to become ? like Christ. Becoming more and more Christlike is the essence of spiritual maturity and should be the overwhelming desire of all of us.
As part of this journey, we must understand the concept of spiritual maturity, where we are currently in our spiritual journey, and how we can fulfill this destiny. We must also understand that the purpose of this is ultimately to hear the wonderful words from our Lord, "Well done good and faithful servant" (Matthew 25:23).
FLEX Adult Bible Study Electives
?Written by faithful members of the Lord's church
?Undated for your flexible use
?Variety of studies ? textual, topical, Old Testament, New Testament
?New studies continue to be added
?Suitable for lecture, small group, or individual study
Table of Contents:
1. Introducing Spiritual Growth (1 Peter 2:2)
2. Seeking God's Way (Proverbs 8:17)
3. The Spiritual Growth Continuum (2 Corinthians 5:17)
4. Obstacles to Spiritual Growth (1 Peter 5:8-9)
5. The Courage to Grow (Joshua 1:9)
6. The Role of Faith (Hebrews 11:6)
7. Focusing on Learning (Proverbs 4:7)
8. Applying God's Word (James 1:22)
9. The Call for Commitment (Matthew 16:24-25)
10. The Power of Hope (1 Corinthians 15:19)
11. The Dessert of Fellowship (Acts 2:42)
12. Prayer ? Our Lifeline to God (Ephesians 1:3)
13. Dealing with Life's Valleys (James 1:2-4)
About the Author:
Dave Laton currently serves the Prattville Church of Christ, Prattville, Alabama as a deacon with responsibilities for missions and internet ministries. He and his wife, Lynne, have been members of the congregation since 1993. Together they are also active in helping establish new congregations for the Lord's church and in strengthening and encouraging small congregations as they seek to grow. In addition to his Doctor of Ministry degree in Religious Education Leadership, Dave holds degrees in Adult Education, Education Administration, and Business Management.
Click here to view other titles in the FLEX series.
by David Laton
Publisher: 21st Century Christian
Size: 6 x 9