Conversations with God (Prayer)
FLEX Adult Bible Study Curriculum
Life is hard. In times of distress and pain, it helps to have someone who will listen as we talk, vent, bargain, and even wrestle with the issues causing us trouble. As Christians, we always have Someone to whom we can turn. Through prayer, we can have real, honest, raw conversations with God.
Glenn Newton shares stories of prayer from Scripture, showing us that we, too, can ask questions, cry out, and demonstrate our love for God. Just be sure to listen for His answer.
FLEX Adult Bible Study Electives
?Written by faithful members of the Lord's church
?Undated for your flexible use
?Variety of studies ? textual, topical, Old Testament, New Testament
?New studies continue to be added
?Suitable for lecture, small group, or individual study
Table of Contents:
1. Longing for Conversation (Psalm 42)
2. God, Are You Awake? (Psalm 44)
3. I Feel So Defeated (Psalm 60)
4. Listen to Me! (Psalm 85)
5. When God Answers...Sort Of... (Job 1-3, 38, 42)
6. Are You Talking to Me? (Exodus 3)
7. Show Me Your Glory (Exodus 32-33)
8. God's Love in the Middle of a Mess (Lamentations 3)
9. In My Distress... (Jonah 2)
10. Excuse Me God, but What Exactly Are You Doing? (Habakkuk 1-3)
11. Our Father and Friend (Luke 6:12; 11:1-13)
12. Prayer Changes Things! (Matthew 26:36-46)
13. Conversation Starters (And Stoppers) (2 Cor. 12:7-10; Eph. 1:17-19; 3:14-19; Phil. 1:9-11; Col. 1:9-12)
About the Author:
Glenn Newton has been preaching since 1992 and is currently the Senior Minister for the Mandarin Church of Christ in Jacksonville, Florida. Glenn has a BA in Biblical Studies and a Masters of Ministry from Heritage Christian University. He has authored five other FLEX studies, as well as books on leadership and church growth. He and his wife, Regina, have been married since 1991 and have four sons, two daughters-in-law, and one granddaughter.
Click here to view other titles in the FLEX series.
by Glenn Newton
Publisher: 21st Century Christian
Size: 6 x 9