From Priest to King: A Study of 1 & 2 Samuel
The Cornerstone of Our Faith
The books of 1 and 2 Samuel take readers on a journey through the lives of Samuel, Saul, and David. In this study, Edward Robinson deftly moves from Hannah's prayer for a son to David's hitting rock bottom and ultimate triumphing over his mistakes. From the time we enter this world, theirs is a journey every Christian also takes as we also overcome our transgressions when we turn to God.
Cornerstone Adult Bible Study Electives
• Written by faithful members of the Lord's church
• Updated — you select and study them on your schedule
• Variety of topics — textual, topical, Old Testament, New Testament
• New studies will be added to the series
• Suitable for lecture, discussion, or individual study
Table of Contents:
1. When Mama Prays, Something Happens
2. Stay With Your Babies
3. God Is Trying to Tell You Something
4. God's Word Won't Fail
5. Be Careful What You Ask For
6. Don't Be Afraid, and Don't Turn Back
7. The Rise and Fall of King Saul
8. A Wise Woman With a Foolish Husband
9. Go Get Your Stuff Back!
10. Your Attitude Determines Your Altitude
11. Sitting at the King's Table
12. A One-Night Stand and a Lifetime of Misery
13. Get Up!
About the Author:
Dr. Edward Robinson is currently the pulpit minister for the West End church of Christ in Terrell, Texas and serves on the faculty at Southwestern Christian College. He has served churches in Mississippi, Illinois, and Texas and has taught at Abilene Christian University. Brother Robinson is the author of two previous The Cornerstone of Our Faith studies entitled The Greatest of All Time and Philippians. He studied at Southwestern Christian College, Harding School of Theology, and Mississippi State University. He and his wife, Toni, have been married 30 years and have three daughters.
Click here to view other titles in The Cornerstone of Our Faith series.
by Dr. Edward Robinson
Publisher: 21st Century Christian
Size: 6 x 9