Connecting With the Psalms
FLEX Adult Bible Study Curriculum
The Psalms come from a different time and culture. Because they were originally written as poetry, the language and literary style of the Psalms often make them a little more difficult to understand.
In this study, Phillip Eichman explores several examples from the book of Psalms, some of them well-known and others less familiar so that readers will be able to "connect" with them by looking at some of the historical background and the style of writing. As you work through the study, you'll look for ways to apply the Psalms to your life today.
FLEX Adult Bible Study Electives
• Written by faithful members of the Lord's church
• Undated for your flexible use
• Variety of studies — textual, topical, Old Testament, New Testament
• New studies continue to be added
• Suitable for lecture, small group, or individual study
Table of Contents:
1. What Is a Psalm? (Psalm 1:1-6)
2. What Is God Like? (Psalm 23:1-6; 18:1-6)
3. This Is My Father's World (Psalm 19:1-6; 33:1-9; 65:9-13)
4. He Knows All About Me (Psalm 139:1-24)
5. I Have Sinned (Psalm 51:1-19)
6. Safe and Secure (Psalm 46:1-11)
7. Why Me, Lord? (Psalm 13:1-6; 73:1-20)
8. Both Trust and Fear? (Psalm 25:1-22)
9. Thank You, Lord for Healing Me (Psalm 30:1-12)
10. Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! (Psalm 147:1-20)
11. Psalms for the Road (Psalm 121:1-8; 122:1-9; 126:1-6; 133:1-3)
12. A Little Lower Than the Angels (Psalm 8:1-9)
13. The Anointed One (Psalm 2:1-2; 22:1-8, 14-18; 16:8-10)
About the Author:
Phillip Eichman has been a teacher most of his adult life. He holds master's and doctoral degrees in biology and was a biology professor for more than 30 years. He also completed master's degrees in Bible and ministry at Harding University and has taught Bible courses in Christian schools and served as a Bible class teacher and part-time minister. He is now retired and lives with his wife, Nancy, in South Carolina where he enjoys spending time studying and writing. Phillip is also the author of The Gospel of John (Part 1), The Gospel of John (Part 2), Letters from Paul: Philippians, Colossians, Philemon, Lessons from Genesis, Living Like Jesus, and Moses and the Old Law in the FLEX Adult Bible Study series.
Click here to view other titles in the FLEX series.
by Phillip Eichman
Publisher: 21st Century Christian
Size: 6 x 9